Sunday, January 25, 2009

All God's creatures great & small


It is winter right now and every day that I get out to walk the forest and the park I spot an array of birds and squirrels and an occasional chip monk. I have taken to carrying bread crumbs & sometimes some nuts to feed the wild life I encounter. After tossing my crusts of bread into the trees today I spotted an entire GANG  of squirrels racing towards the food. Here is the one that stood still long enough to be photographed. I love animals. I happen to think they are smarted than we are. I do think we need to co-exist better with our furry friends. I will tell you this much-sitting on the freezing park bench, looking at this guy through my lens as the sun began to set for the day, I felt really happy. That feeling is not something you can buy in a store. That feeling is peaceful connection to all God's creatures. Did I ever mention I do yoga? Now might be the time to throw that into the mix before I start to sound like a tree hugger. I just happen to love and respect life, in all it's forms. As we say in yoga class:Om shanti. (PEACE)

No comments:

Post a Comment